Ok guys, you asked for it and here it is.
Now, before I get into the juicy deets of how to make these brownies, let me start by saying: I was a trifle harsh in my initial judgement of these brownies when I hinted that they tasted like equine gonads. I think that I knew they were full of unusual and improbable ingredients and I was looking for flaws…because seriously, everyone who has tried them loves them. After a night in the fridge the brownies seem to have lost the weird aftertaste I initially detected AND at this point I’ve tweaked the recipe so that it will never be an issue again.
Without further ado, I give you:
DONKEY BALL BROWNIES
(because Double Chocolate Zucchini Avocado Banana Quinoa Brownies is a long pain in the ass – see what I did there?)
- Cook a lot of quinoa according to the directions on the bag. Leftovers are good. When it’s done, set aside 1 ½ c and let it cool. Do what you like with the rest of it.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and spray or grease a 9×14” pan.
- Mix the following in a medium-sized bowl:
1 c whole wheat flour
1 c cocoa
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine:
½ c strong coffee
4oz. Bittersweet chocolate
Nuke for 1min and stir until smooth.
- Dump these into a blender:
1 ½ c chopped zucchini
2 tsp vanilla
The chocolate and coffee mixture
Blend them all until it looks like a smoothie.
- Pour your weird-ass (there it is again) smoothie into the flour mixture, add the cooked quinoa, and stir quickly. It will look too gloopy to be brownies. Don’t worry. Put the brownie batter in your prepared pan, stick it in the oven, and bake for about 45min or until the edges start to pull away from the pan.
6. Let them cool completely, add icing if you want to, and enjoy!
Per Serving: 72kCal, 12g Carbs, 2g Protein, 2g Fat