I’m Hannah Gray, owner and coach at Gray Area Strength. I’ve been a personal trainer in Edmonton, Alberta since 2006 and I have helped dozens of busy people overcome obstacles to getting fit and healthy so that they can tap into the confidence and joy that comes from being strong. What gets you physically strong makes you mentally strong too – taking control over your health and fitness is the first step toward dominating the rest of your life. And also getting strong is really fun!
I seek out every opportunity I can to learn and get better at my craft. I’ve completed a wide range of certifications in a variety of subjects including (but not limited to) nutrition, pre- and post-natal studies, post-rehabilitation, life coaching, sports psychology, and group fitness. My approach to training is two-fold: strength and mobility are the keys to achieving most performance and physique goals. Once those aspects are in place you can make just about anything happen!
I compete regularly in both powerlifting and olympic weightlifting at the national/international level. I figure I owe my life (as it is right now) to barbell sports and I make a point of giving back to the community by volunteering and referreeing. When I’m not training my clients or working out myself, I keep busy being a mom, writing, and playing music.
Certifications and Qualifications
- Advanced Personal Trainer (PTA Global)
- Functional Range Conditioning Movement Specialist (Functional Anatomy Seminars)
- Certification in Applied Functional Science (Gray Institute)
- Post-Partum Corrective Exercise Specialist (Dr. Sarah Duvall)
- Hypopressives Level 1
- Pregnancy/Postpartum Coaching (Dr. Sarah Duvall)
- Life Coaching/Advanced Life Coaching for Fitness Pros (Champion PSI)
- Precision Nutrition Level 1
- Polyhealth Nutrition Coaching (in progress)
- APU Referee
- APU Powerlifting Coach
- Nationally Ranked IPF Powerlifter
- Catalyst Athletics L1 Olympic Weightlifting
- NCCP Lvl 1 Olympic Weightlifting
- Art of Coaching (Brett Bartholomew)
- Canadian Nat’l Masters Weightlifting Championships Silver Medallist, 2019
- World Masters’ Weightlifting Championships Bronze Medallist, 2019