Hannah Gray is a multifaceted personal trainer, Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting coach, educator, and writer, who has been making a significant impact in the fitness industry since 2006.
With an unwavering passion for strength development and insatiable curiosity about human psychology, Hannah has dedicated herself to helping individuals create better lives through the development of physical strength and mental resiliency and toughness. As an Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting coach, she possesses extensive knowledge and expertise in these disciplines, guiding athletes of all levels to reach their full potential.
Hannah embarked on her career as a personal trainer in 2006 after making a significant lifestyle change, inspired by the deep desire to be a better role model for her two tiny daughters. Since then, she has worked with clients from diverse backgrounds, including beginners, athletes, and people with complex barriers to fitness and health. Her personalized approach focuses on tailoring training programs to meet individual needs, ensuring effective and sustainable progress.
In addition to her role as a trainer, Hannah is a passionate educator. She regularly conducts workshops and seminars on weightlifting and powerlifting techniques, injury prevention, and strength training principles. Her ability to break down complex concepts into understandable and practical information has earned her acclaim as an engaging and effective instructor.
Hannah’s commitment to knowledge sharing extends to her writing endeavors. As a writer, she contributes articles to leading fitness publications, sharing her insights, tips, and strategies with a wider audience. Her writing style is both informative and inspiring, motivating readers to adopt a well-rounded approach to fitness and embrace the benefits of strength training.
Driven by a desire to continuously learn and improve, Hannah seeks out every opportunity to participate in courses, conferences and seminars, ensuring that her coaching methods and educational materials reflect the latest advancements. By staying informed and innovative, Hannah provides her clients with effective strategies for reaching their fitness goals.
Hannah Gray’s impact extends far beyond her individual clients. She is a respected figure in the fitness community, known for her professionalism, integrity, and commitment to excellence. Her dedication to her craft has inspired others to pursue their own fitness journeys, and her influence as an educator and writer has empowered countless individuals to make positive changes in their lives.
Whether you’re a beginner seeking guidance, an athlete striving for peak performance, or an aspiring coach hungry for knowledge, Hannah Gray is the ideal mentor. Her expertise, combined with her genuine care for her clients’ success, makes her an invaluable asset in achieving optimal athletic performance and personal growth.
Certifications and Qualifications
- Advanced Personal Trainer (PTA Global) (2008)
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 (2011)
- Life Coaching/Advanced Life Coaching for Fitness Pros (Champion PSI) (2011)
- Certification in Applied Functional Science (Gray Institute) (2012)
- Functional Range Conditioning Movement Specialist (Functional Anatomy Seminars) (2015)
- Art of Coaching (Brett Bartholomew) (2017)
- APU Referee (2018)
- Catalyst Athletics L1 Olympic Weightlifting (2018)
- Nationally Ranked IPF Powerlifter (2018)
- NCCP Lvl 1 Olympic Weightlifting (2018)
- Hypopressives Level 1 (2019)
- Post-Partum Corrective Exercise Specialist (Dr. Sarah Duvall) (2019)
- Pregnancy/Postpartum Coaching (Dr. Sarah Duvall) (2019)
- Polyhealth Nutrition Coaching (2019)
- CPU Powerlifting Coach (2019)
- Hypopressives Level 2 (2020)
- Clinical Athlete Pain Science Certification (2020)
- National Sports Performance Association (NSPA) Speed and Agility Coach Certification (2020)
- NCCP Lvl 2 Olympic Weightlifting (2020)
- Canadian Nat’l Masters Weightlifting Championships, Silver Medalist (2019)
- World Masters’ Weightlifting Championships, Bronze Medalist (2019)
- Alberta Powerlifting Championships, Silver Medalist (2020)
- Pan American Masters’ Weightlifting Championships, Bronze Medalist (2020)
- Western Canadian Powerlifting Championships, Bronze Medal (2022)
- World Masters Weightlifting Championships, Florida, USA, Silver Medal (2022)
- National Record Holder, Snatch, Clean and Jerk, and Total (87 kg) (2022)
- Canadian Masters National Weightlifting Championship (87+ kg), Gold Medal (2023)
- National Record Holder, Snatch, Clean and Jerk, and Total (87+ kg) (2022)